Emerald Tones Band Hire From £1725
The Emerald Tones perform in the UK & abroad with an extensive repertoire of music, entertaining audiences at weddings, corporate events and functions. The 8 piece line up, with horn section, creates a full, authentic and exciting sound that will keep the dance floor full and the atmosphere electric!!
All members of Emerald Tones are experienced musicians and performers in their own right. They have all worked alongside some big names and their musicianship has taken them to some great parts of the world. The line up has a three piece horn section including saxophone, trumpet and trombone, double (upright) and electric bass, piano, guitar, drums, all fronted by powerful female vocals.
The band is fronted by Helen Firth, (also known as Caitlen Bailey), who has worked as a solo vocalist for over 8 years performing at a range of venues and events. Helen has a sultry and powerful quality and has extensive experience as a vocalist performing in the UK and internationally. Emerald Tones musicians are all trained by the Leeds College of Music and are of the highest callibre. The band are experienced professionals who have all performed across the UK and internationally and make the perfect option for weddings, parties and corporate events.
Helen developed a Caro Emerald Tribute show which went on to develop the requirement for a live band. Initially, this was how Emerald tones were formed and they are currently the only Caro Emerald Tribute band who have acknowledgement from the original artiste. Caro said “I thought it was me!” during a BBC interview.
Once the tribute band had formed it was decided that our line up would make ideal entertainment for weddings, corporate events and functions. The high standard of musicianship and repertoire now sees Emerald Tones filling dance floors across the country and providing first class entertainment.
The Emeralds Live
Emerald Tones Showreel
- Adele - Make You Feel My Love
- Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah
- Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- Aretha Franklin - I Say a Little Prayer
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- Beyonce - Crazy In Love
- Beyonce - Love On Top
- Billie Ocean - Love ReallY Hurts
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
- Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
- Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
- Carly Simone - Nobody Does It Better
- Caro Emerald - Back It Up
- Caro Emerald - A Night like This
- Caro Emerald - Absolutely Me
- Caro Emerald - Completely
- Caro Emerald - I Belong To You
- Caro Emerald - Liquid lunch
- Caro Emerald/Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
- Cee Loo Green - Forget You
- Chaka Khan - Aint Nobody
- Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
- Daft Punk - Get Lucky
- Diana Ross - I Will Survive
- Doobie Brothers - Long train Running
- Duffy - Mercy
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Got to Get You Into My Life
- Eliza Doolittle - Pack up
- Ella Fitzgerald - Dream a Little Dream Of Me
- Ella Fitzgerald - I Just Wanna Make Love to You
- Emeli Sande - Next To Me
- Etta James - At Last
- Eva Cassidy - Hallelujah I Love Him So
- Fontella Bass - Rescue me
- Frank Sinatra - Come Fy With Me
- Frankie Valli - Oh What a Night
- Jackie Wilson - I Get The Sweetest Feeling
- Jackson Five - Blame It On the Boogie
- James Brown - I Feel Good
- Jeese J - Domino
- Jennifer Hudson - Love You i Do
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
- Jessie J - Mama Knows Best
- Jessie J - Pricetag
- John Legend - All Of Me
- John Newman - Love Me Again
- Jungle Book - King of the Swingers
- Lady Gaga - Edge of glory
- Llonel Ritchie - All Night Long
- Lonestar - Amazed
- Luther Vandross - Never too Much
- Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas
- Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing in The Street
- Marvin Gaye - Heard It through the Grapevine
- Michael Buble - Feelin Good
- Michael Buble - Fever
- Nat King Cole - Let There Be Love
- Paolo Nutini - Pencil Full Of Lead
- Patti LaBelle - Lady Marmalade
- Pharrell Williams - Happy
- Pink - Get This Party Started
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Reef - Place Your hands
- Richie Valens - La Bamba
- Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
- Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Stevie Wonder - Isn't She lovely
- Stevie Wonder - Signed Sealed Delivered
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Take That - Could it Be Magic
- The Beatles - I Saw Him Standing There
- The Commitments - In The Midnight Hour
- The commitments - Mustang Sally
- The Foundations - Build Me up Buttercup
- The Killers - Human
- The Overtones - Do you Love Me
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Supremes - Can't Hurry Love
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Tina Turner - Proud mary
- Tina Turner - River Deep Mountain High
- Wild Cherry - Play that Funky Music
Get in touch for details of Emerald Tones's full set list
" “I just wanted to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard and say a massive Thank You to you and your Band for performing at our wedding back in June this year.
The weather was perfect, we were trying to pull off a different feel to simply a normal wedding and from the comments from our guests we achieved our objective of having a really party feel to it.
It really made it by having the whole band there, the Musicians were absolutely amazing.
We had the most spectacular day, and Thank you so much for being a part of it and making it so special.
I knew by all our correspondence and your attention to detail that the performance would run smoothly but you really did exceed our expectations and enabled us to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Thank you once again for everything we would have absolute no hesitation in recommending your Band.” "
Victoria & Anthony - 18th Jun, 2015
" “From start to finish the service was fantastic. My husband and I were really struggling for first dance ideas and your suggestions found the perfect solution. The band sounded absolutely awesome, such a full and authentic sound and the songs kept every buzzing all night! Thank you so much, it was a night we will never forget!” "
Mr & Mrs Booth - 13th Apr, 2015
" “Thank you so much for making our day so amazing! The song in the church was beautiful and then your set list kept everybody dancing all night. I have had so many compliments and people asking where you are from. Helens voice was outstanding and the band amazing!! Thank you!!” "
Michale & Adele Summers - 7th Nov, 2014
" “Hello, I was blown away by your performance at the wedding (Kettering Park Hotel 2014), congratulations on a fantastic performance – it was an incredibly authentic experience, a pleasure to have witnessed. Good luck for the future!” "
Jay Seaton - 28th Jun, 2014
" “Thank you thank you thank you so much for making are wedding amazing. You made the church Hun, John was that busy listening he forgot when to stand at the front lol! You got everyone up at our night do and I loved every min of dancing to your amazing voice. Everybody asked where you’re from and who you are and I have guests texting me on face book asking if your on! They want to tell you how amazing your voice is. Thank you so so much” "
Tammy & John McQueeney - 6th Jun, 2014
" What can I say – you were absolutely amazing; the perfect choice for our wedding. The set list worked really well and the chilled out nature of the song choices was brilliant. We’re so glad that we discovered you as you were the perfect addition to an already wonderful day!
Thank you so much!!!!! "
Matt & Charlotte Pennefather - 12th Oct, 2013
For your convenience we have put together a list of questions we are most frequently asked.
- Can we use the PA system for speeches? ↓
Of course you may use our equipment for speeches. All we ask is prior notice of at what point this will be to ensure a band member is there to take control of the PA and sound levels.
- Can I choose the bands playlist? ↓
We are very experienced in knowing just what works to keep an audience entertained and on the dance floor so although we welcome suggestions or ‘don’t play’ we do ask that the final play list us left to us. There are many factors that bring a successful set list together and the majority of our songs are uniquely arranged to suit an 8 piece band with horn section. We also have to consider key, genre and style to make sure that we maintain our high standards.
- What' the band performance schedule? ↓
We normally perform 2 x 45 minute sets (or 60min) which will provide you with ample live entertainment to keep the party going. We try to be as flexible as possible so it is no problem to arrange our sets around buffet times or cutting of cakes!! A normal start time for a first set is around 8:30pm or 9pm but each wedding is unique so it is up to you!!
- How long does the band take to set up? ↓
Depending on the size of the stage, it takes us about an hour to set up. We will always be as quick and discreet as possible and sound checks can be timed to an appropriate time should it be required.
- How much space does the band need? ↓
We will try to squeeze into what space you have however this would obviously compromise the image of an 8 piece band. When assessing the space you must try to visualize 8 musicians along with musical equipment and PA system. The area must be level, safe and not open to the weather. If you are not sure then call us to discuss it.
- What happens if a band member falls ill? ↓
We are all networked musicians who have contacts and dep musicians lists to call upon should anyone fall ill. Should the situation arise then a dep musician would be booked and they would either know the songs in advance or be provided with the music charts to play from. We have it covered!!
- Can the band arrive earlier than 6pm and finish after 12 midnight? ↓
We try to work within the standard time frames however we do always try to be as flexible as possible, so just let us know your requirements and we will tell you what we can do.
- The Venue has a sound limiter, can you still play? ↓
Our sound engineer will arrange our sound to be within the parameters of a sound limiter however we do need to be notified of this in advance
- What Music Do You Play Before, Between and After Sets? ↓
Although we have an extensive library of music available on our laptop it would be ideal if you have any particular songs or music in mind so that we can have it downloaded. You can also provide your own playlist if you would prefer. If you opt for the extra DJ service then requests can be made direct to the DJ that we arrange for your event.
- Do You Offer Any Other Band Line Up? ↓
We pride our sound on being very full and authentic and our songs are arranged to include the full line up with 3 piece horn section. Our set lists wouldn’t be the full authentic Emerald Tones sound with any other line up and it would compromise our sound. However we are able to offer a vocal and instrument option for ceremony performances. Jazz trio/quartets can also be arranged if you would opt for a performance of background jazz music during a wedding breakfast. With this all said we are always open to suggestions so if you are looking for a particular line up it is always worth asking us and if we can accommodate we will!!
- Is The Equipment PAT tested? ↓
All equipment if fully PAT tested and certificates can be provided on request should you venue require them.
- Are The Band Insured? ↓
Yes, We are insured via Equity up to £10million pounds.
- Can I See Emerald Tones Perform Before I Book? ↓
Our work is mainly private at weddings or functions which unfortunately don’t have public viewing. On the odd occasion we may have a public viewing, you can find out these by enquiring.
We do have promo packs available including MP3 tracks, video and photos. You can also read our testimonial page to find out what our previous clients thought of our performances.
- Where Are The Band Based? ↓
We are based in Leeds, West Yorkshire however we are available to perform at events across the UK and abroad.
- Can We Request 1st Dance Songs? ↓
We are more than happy to learn and perform a song for your first dance providing that it one that is suitable to be created by our line up to a high standard. There are some songs that have a high amount or electronics and production and just don’t work live. If your choice is one of these we will happily play your song through out PA from laptop.
- What Do I Provide for My Event? ↓
We will require adequate power points to accommodate our PA and lighting. If your venue is a marquee you may need to hire a separate generator.
As a wedding function band can be out on the road for long hours, sometimes 12, Emerald Tones welcome some food and drinks although not essential. We do like to be as an energetic and spritely as possible throughout our performances and working on an empty stomach doesn’t really work to achieve this.
Emerald Tonesalso require somewhere that we can change into our stage outfits (definitely not the toilets) and it would be ideal if this room was somewhere that the band can chill out in so that we are not hanging around your guests!
- What will Emerald Tones Wear? ↓
We always dress to impress! The guys are always smart in suits and ties or a more casual version of a suit. Helen has an array of stage wear and will change for each set. On request outfits can be colour coordinated to match a theme or you may request for us to not wear the same colour as the bridesmaids!!
- How Much? ↓
There are many factors that effect our quotes such as location, set lengths, set up and finish times and any ‘extra’ options you may chose. Every wedding is individual so we don’t always have a set cost so please get in touch and tell us about your plans and we will put a quote together for you.
Band Quick Summary
Emerald Tones are a professional live music big band, funk, instrumental, jazz, motown, pop, soul cover band for hire based in Halifax, West Yorkshire but available for bookings across many areas of the UK. (see the areas covered tab)
Emerald Tones will perform gigs at a number of venues and events which include bar/club/pubs, birthday/anniversaries, corporate functions, festivals, general parties and weddings.
If you are interested in hiring Emerald Tones for your special event please use the e-mail form provided on this page for direct access.